Mercy Road Daily Prayer (Thursday March 17, 2011)

Lord God,

I am astounded by your great love for me and amazed that you continue to care. Though my heart regularly doubts the extent of your mercy and my mind dismisses your faithful provision as good fortune, you do not abandon me to my weaknesses and flaws. You to not reject me in my rebellion or spurn me in my faithlessness, but instead, you continue to pursue me with relentless grace. You call me to seek you in my weariness, to come to you with my burdens, and to rest from the performance treadmill that I am on, knowing that your love does not depend on me being perfect or doing everything right, but is absolutely and entirely a free gift that is mine by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

Lord God, help me to live in that truth today. Move it from my head to my heart, which longs to know the peace that your truth provides. Make me to see your many blessings and provisions in my life, that I might have a new joy despite the troubles and struggles of the day. Help me to server you by serving others in all that I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

--based on Matthew 11:28-30