Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Merciful God,

Thank you for your provision (Psalm 65:9-13), for your light that guides me (Psalm 119:105) and your strength that protects me in times of trouble (Psalm 59:16). I thank you for the sufficiency of your grace (2 Corinthians 12:9) and the hope to which you have called me (Ephesians 4:4-5), recognizing that that even my faith is not my own, but something you provide through the power of your Spirit working in me (Romans 12:3).

I confess that cannot save myself from the sin (Isaiah 53:6, 64:4) that separates me from you (Isaiah 59:2), nor fix the brokenness it creates. I cannot undo the pain I have caused others by my own selfishness, nor heal the wounds that others have inflicted on me. I know that cannot change myself in a way that would make you love me (Ephesians 2:8-9), but humbly throw myself at the foot of the cross, and acknowledge my total dependence on Jesus’ for forgiveness, salvation and life (Jonah 2:9)

Help me to live this day by your grace and for your glory.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.