Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, April 08, 2011

Lord God,

You have been good to me. As I look back on my life I can see your hand leading and guiding me in all that I have done (Psalm 5:8). Even in the mistakes I made, you were with me protecting me from the worst possible outcome (Psalm 116:6), assuring that I did not fall away from you. And though I wish I hadn’t gone through some of those difficulties, I know that you used them for my own good (Romans 8:28) to teach me about your graciousness and draw me closer to you (Psalm 25:4-7).

Yet I admit that I still feel distant in my heart (Psalm 22:1), Lord God. At times I still wonder if you are there (), listening to my pleas and answering my cries for help (Psalm 4:1). I want to trust and believe more but I realize that my faith is weak (Matthew 14:27-31). Please help my unbelief (Mark 9:24).

Help me to trust that you will never leave me and always defend me (Joshua 1:5). Help me to be strong, courageous, determined, and confident (Joshua 1:6). Help me to live my life according to your will and your word (Joshua 1:7), to study everything that you have written, and apply it to my life so that I can accomplish all your plans for me (Joshua 1:8). Encourage me Lord, that I might be strong and courageous for you today.

Help me to share you grace and truth with others so that they can know you. Give me the courage to invite them to Mercy Road and tell them about what you are doing in my life. Help me to talk about you in person, over the phone, and even on Facebook, with family, friends and complete strangers, so that everyone I know and everyone I meet can see and hear my life belongs to you.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen