Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, April 15, 2011

Gracious God,

I praise you because all of nature proclaims your glory (Isaiah 6:3). I worship you because the way you created the world and preserve it, demonstrates how good, wise and powerful you are (Romans 2:14-15; Psalm 19:1-3; Romans 1:32-2:1). If I fail to do so I have no excuse, because all your works display your glory (Romans 1:19-20).

Yet Lord, I know that nature alone cannot tell me enough about you. I realize that nothing in your creation can explain all that I need to know to be saved from my sin and selfishness (1 Corinthians 1:21, 2:13-14). So I thank you, Lord God, I thank you for revealing yourself to us in other ways.

I thank you for revealing your will through your prophets (Hebrews 1:1). I thank you for applying your truth to our hearts (Proverbs 22:19-21). I thank you for preserving your people and building them up through the power of your Holy Word (Luke 1:3-4; Romans 15:4) that we might stand against the corruption of this world and the lies that Satan uses to deceive (Matthew 4:1-11).

Help me Lord, to know your word today, to go the way that it tells me to go, and to show others the way, that they might know you and worship you also.

By the grace of Jesus, and for his glory I pray,
Amen
~ based on Westminster Confession of Faith 1.1