Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, April 29, 2011

Gracious God,

Thank you for being good to me. For being my God and my Lord. Thank you for the great things that your have made, for the beauty of the earth, the sun, the moon, and the stars. Thank you for this beautiful spring day, with the birds chirping outside and deep blue sky. For the budding leaves on the trees, and the green plants that grow. Thank you for the provisions that you give us, for the mercy that you show us, for the protection you provide and the grace you bestow. Thank you Lord God, that your steadfast love endures forever, and ever (Psalm 136)

Lord God, rescue me from my fears. From the things that distress me and make my heart anxious. From my worries about finances, job security, health, and my family. Set me free from the guilt of my past mistakes and failures. From the pain my sin has caused others, and the hurt others have caused me. Help me to focus on your enduring love for me. Be my helper Lord. Be my strength, for I have no refuge besides you. There is no one to keep me from falling. No one to help me in my troubles. No one to save me from being overwhelmed by the pressure of life’s demands and obligations. Please Lord do not cut me off from your presence, because you are the only one who can save me (Psalm 118).

You alone can rescue me from the dangers that swirl around me. From the things that tempt me to neglect my relationship with you and your people. From the harmful habits that I just cannot seem to shake and the destructive lies that tell me I am weak and no good. Rescue me Lord, because my name is written in your book. Save me from destruction that I might live forever with you and glorify you in my life. (Daniel 12:1-4)

Fill me with your Spirit of truth today so I can speak boldly about the resurrection of Jesus and the forgiveness of our sins that comes only through him. Help me to tell others about the great things you have done for me. Use me to draw others to you, by your grace and for your glory (John 16:1-15; Acts 4:1-12).

I pray all these things in Jesus’ holy name,

Amen