Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, April 18, 2011

Gracious God,

All of creation is damaged by sin. All of creation is frustrated by suffering. All creation longs for your healing and grace. All of creation eagerly waits to see your glory

In my mind, I know logically that the suffering I endure in this life is insignificant compared to the comfort and joy I will experience when I see you face-to-face. I know that my troubles produce perseverance and character that give me hope in your love through your Spirit (Romans 5:3-5). I know that you are working everything out for the good of those who love you and are called according to your purpose. I know these things are true, Lord God, because they are written in your word, and I believe that it is true.

But my heart, is weak, and cries out for your comfort. I long for the day when all creation will be set free from the power, consequences, and destruction of sin. I long for the day when you will remove my pride, selfishness, greed, and lust. I long for the day when you will release me from the shame and guilt of past failures and rebellion. I long for the day when you will heal my emotional scars and pains as well as the sickness, disease, and brokenness of my physical body. I eagerly wait to be adopted as your child.

This is my hope, Lord God, this is my prayer. Rescue me from the troubles of this world. Come and save me. Until then, I will wait patiently for your reply.

In Jesus holy name I pray,
Amen
~ based on Romans 8:18-28