Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, April 4, 2011

Thank you God for another day (Psalm 118:24). For another chance to experience your grace and truth in my life (Colossians 1:3-6), and another opportunity to share your it with everyone I meet (Matthew 28:19-20).

Thank you for creating me (Psalm 139:13). For giving me a mind to think, a heart to feel, a body to act and a spirit to connect with you (Mark 12:30). Thank you for giving me ideas to share, skills to use, and talents to serve you (1 Corinthians 14:12). For creating me to design and build (2 Chronicles 24:13), to teach and learn (Deuteronomy 4:10), to love and be loved (John 13:34-35), to heal and be healed, to give and receive (Matthew 10:8), . Thank me for making me in your image (Genesis 1:27).

Thank you Lord for calling me to follow you (Romans 8:28) . For pursuing me in my rebellion (Romans 5:8) and softening my heart by your grace (Psalm 119:32). For opening my spirit to your truth (Psalm 31:5) and turning my mind to you (Psalm 26:2-3). For sending your Song to be my Savior (John 3:16) and purchasing my forgiveness though his sacrifice (1 John 4:10). For washing away my guilt (Titus 3:5), accomplishing my redemption (Colossians 1:13-14), securing my salvation (1 Peter 1:8-9), my resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:42-44) and reconciliation with you (Colossians 1:21-23). Thank you for loving me. Thank you for Jesus.

Thank you for the many blessings you have given me. For family and friends who love me and care for me. For a body of believers with whom I can share my burdens and reveal my brokenness without fear of rejection. For a church worship, serve, give and grow in my knowledge of your Son Jesus. Thank you for a community where I can engage and apply my faith, and a country where I am free to do so without fear of persecution. Thank you for my life.

Help me to remain thankful throughout the coming day and weeks, despite the trials I will face, by your grace and for your glory.

In the strong name of your Son Jesus Christ I pray,

Amen.