Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lord God,

Every morning I awake is a gift from you (Psalm 118:24). Every smile I receive reflects the your joy (Psalm 19:8). Every breath I breath is reminder of the life you have given me (Genesis 2:7). Each kind word I hear is a demonstration of your grace (Proverbs 12:25).

Yet, for all of this Lord, I fail to praise you. I fail to worship you because I am too stressed out. I fail to thank you for the great things you have done because I am simply too busy worrying about all the things that need to be done. Too often, I am not as grateful as I should be, because I fail to see all your blessings that fill my day and make my life complete.

Though I see the sun in the sky, I often forget that you placed it there to bring light and warmth to an otherwise dark and cold world (Matthew 5:25). Though rain falls to the earth, I forget that you send it to make things grow (Psalm 147:8). Though I eat the food you provide, breath the air you give, accept the rest you offer, and experience life in abundance, I fail to thank you because I take all these things for granted.

I take for granted the way you protect me from constant danger and threat, because I never stop to consider what might have happened had you not been watching over me. Instead, I choose to complain about the bad things that do happen and wonder where you were.

I take for granted the calling you have placed on my life to work and be productive for you glory and honor, because I fail to consider what the world would become if everyone just did whatever they felt like (Judges 17:6) and never lifted a finger.

I take for granted the love that I share with my friends and family, the love that comes from you (1 John 4:7), the love that your Son demonstrated when he stretched out his arms and hung on the cross for my sin and selfishness (1 John 4:9-10). I take that love for granted Lord because in my greed and arrogance, I think I deserve more, but fail to realize that I already have more than I deserve.

Forgive me Lord, (Psalm 25:11) because I don’t always realize what I am doing (Luke 23:34). Have mercy on me, and heal me, because I have sinned against you (Psalm 41:4). Give me a thankful heart that I might worship you, Lord God, and a bold spirit that I might go into my community today, and tell others about all that you have done and continue to do for me (1 Chronicles 16:8-13)

Give me eyes to see your many blessings in my life (Matthew 13:15-16), through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior I pray, Amen.