Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lord God,

Walk with me today. Walk with me and teach me all about who you are, that I walk in your ways and follow your truth. Focus my heart on you that I might live by your truth (Psalm 86:11).

For I admit, dear Lord, that I am tired of stumbling around in the dark (Proverbs 4:19). I’m tired of trying to make my own way and do my own thing (Proverbs 20:24). I’m tired of trying to run from your will (Jonah).

I realize now, that I do not know what is best for my life. I confess that I do not always make the right decisions (Isaiah 53:6). I understand that you know and want what is best for my life, and I thank you for caring so much about me (Jeremiah 29:11).

Help me Lord, not to squander another day on pointless distractions and self-serving activities (Proverbs 28:19; James 1:11). Help me not to waste the time you have given me to glorify you (Luke 19:40). Help me not to miss another opportunity to speak your grace and truth in love to everyone I meet (Ephesians 4:15).

Help me to live in a way that shows I really believe your word is true. Help me to speak with words that prove I truly believe you have the power to changes lives and save me from my sins. Help me not to ignore those truths in your word that make me uncomfortable, but to write them on my heart and mind that they might continue to shape me into the person you want me to be.

By the grace of Jesus, and for his glory I pray,

Amen