Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lord God,

As long as I am alive, I will love you with my heart, soul, mind, and strength. As long as breath fills my lungs, I will worship you with my life.

My hope will not come from politicians or powerful people, celebrities with charismatic personalities, or athletes who lend their names to good causes. I will not trust rock stars to change the world with their music and social activism, but will trust in you alone to save me from my own sin, and the constant evils of this world.

When I die Lord, my body returns to the earth and all my plans with it, yet I am blessed because my hope and my help come from you, the Creator of heaven and earth, the ski, the sea and all that is in them. You are faithful and true in all that you do and your love endures forever.

Lord God, bring justice to those who are treated unfairly and food to those who go hungry. Set free those who are enslaved by their own sin and selfishness, or burdened by guilt from their past failures and mistakes. Open the eyes of the blind that they might see your glory, lift the heads of those who can’t seem to shake feelings of hopelessness and despair. Love those who are righteous. Watch over anyone who is trying to follow you. Comfort those who mourn, and uphold those who are lonely.

Keep the wicked and evil from success and prosperity, and reign over my life, forever and ever.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

~based on Psalm 146