Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lord God,

I know that your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me. I know that your truth and wisdom always keep me secure. Please don’t withhold your goodness and mercy on account of my failures. Please don’t deny me your patience and grace on account of my sin.

For many evils surround me and troubles pursue. My doubts and fears have grown by the hour. My weakness and sin threatens to overwhelm me. I am losing my strength, courage, energy, and hope. I am losing the will to resist my own selfishness because I am weak and I do not know where to turn.

Rescue me Lord, for I need your help. Come quickly, and save me from everything that tries to overwhelm me. Save me from my worries about my children and finances. About my marriage, my friendships, my job, and my home. Save me from my fears about the future, my health, my community, and the world in which I live. Save me from the pain that others have caused me when they denied me their love, their respect, their forgiveness and their honesty. Save me from the guilt of the wounds that I have caused others, when I failed to demonstrate your grace, mercy, and love. Save me from all my troubles, Gracious God, even though I bring them on myself.

Rescue me Lord, from those things that seek to distract me from your will. From my feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness. Rescue me from the lies of the past that keep playing in my mind: the lies that you have forsaken me to my troubles (Psalm 9:10), that your grace is insufficient to cover my sin (2 Corinthians 12:9), that I am so broken, there is no possible way that you could continue to love me (Romans 8:38-39).

Give me happiness and peace, Lord God. Fill me with gratitude for all that you have done. Help me to tell others of your goodness and mercy, your grace and truth. Give me the courage to tell them about my Savior. Though I am weak and poor, send me your Spirit that I my worship you in Spirit and truth, through everything I think, everything I say, and everything I do today.

For the glory and honor of Jesus I pray, Amen.
~based on Psalm 40:11-17