Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lord God,

You are my light in times of darkness (Isaiah 42:16), my provision in times of need (Psalm 68:9-10), my strength in times of weakness (Psalm 119:28), and my shield in times of threat (Psalm 7:10). You replace my sorrow with joy (Jeremiah 31:13), my pain with comfort (Jeremiah 8:18), my fear with courage (1 Chronicles 17:25), and my distress with peace (John 14:27). You are my rock, my fortress and my deliverer (Psalm 18:2). You are my helper (Hebrews 13:6), my refuge (Psalm 91:2), my shepherd (Psalm 23:1), my song (Exodus 15:2), and my salvation (Psalm 27:1). You are my God, my Savior (Isaiah 43:3), and I am your child (Galatians 3:26).

Lord God, give my faith like a child today (Luke 18:17), faith that follows you without worry, trusts you without doubt, listens to you without question, and loves you without condition (1 Corinthians 1:13). Give me assurance of all that I hope for in you (Hebrews 11:1), and peace defies all understanding (Philippians 4:7). Help me to look back over my life and see every good thing you have done for me in Christ (Philemon 6). I do believe, Lord God, I really do. Please help my unbelief (Mark 9:24) so that I can continue to share your grace and truth with everyone I believe (Philemon 6).

By your grace and for your glory,
I pray in Jesus’ name,
Amen