Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Faithful God, Merciful Lord, full of compassion and truth,

I am tired, weary, and worn out from life. I am stressed by the struggles that I face and the worry that consumes me day and night. I am drained by fears that I cannot seem to control, and I long for you to rescue me.

I am troubled by thoughts of being rejected by friends and worried that those I count on and trust might leave. I am worried that I won’t be able to make ends meet, pay my bills, feed my family, or send my children to college. I am terrified that someone near to me, someone I love, might contract a serious disease, get sick and be taken away from me. I am exhausted by fears I cannot seem to control and am weary from waiting for your promised salvation. Yet I trust in your word, for that is all I can do.

My eyes grow tired from watching and waiting, my heart wonders when you will come to save me. I’m so tired, sometimes I feel like an old t-shirt that is now being used as a cleaning rag—faded and stretched beyond recognition and filled with all sorts of holes. Though that’s how I feel at times, you know that I still faithful to you.

So how long will it be till you come to rescue me from all those things that make my life difficult? I mean no disrespect by asking, just curious. That’s all. I know you will rescue me from those who seek to take my money by overcharging me, or trying to convince me that I must have more things that I do not need. I know you will rescue me from those who try to take my life by cutting me off in traffic, feeding me things that are unhealthy, or cause me to take risks that are dangerous. I know you will rescue me from all my worry, fear, failure, and distress because you have promised to do so.

You have promised to save me from everyone and everything that would tempt me to walk away from you because you are faithful, merciful, compassionate, and true.

Thank you for loving me.

In Jesus’ name I pray,
Amen

~ based on Psalm 119:81-88