Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, May 9, 2011

Lord God,

I give you my heart and my trust. Please be gracious to me. Protect me from the humiliation of failure and keep my eyes safely focused on you. Show me your faithfulness as I seek you. Teach me your ways and show me how to follow you. Guide me by the truth of your word and instruct my heart as you have always done in the past.

Remember your kindness and patience, Gracious God, and forgive the stupid mistakes I made when I was young. Forgive my ignorance and arrogance Lord, forgive all my pride and selfishness. Forgive me for all the hurtful things I have said and done, for all the ways I have dishonored you.

For you have always been good and merciful to me, even when I have rebelled against you. You have always lead me before, so I have no reason to doubt that you will not continue lead me now. In everything you do Lord, you are faithful and true, forgiving all my failure and sin since the day I was born. Fulfill your promises to me and demonstrate your great mercy and love, that I might continue to worship you with my life.

I look to you in times of trouble, Mighty God, because I know that you are the only one who can rescue me. Though I am lonely and troubled, you show me you care through your constant provision and the continued support of your people, yet my problems seem to go from bad to worse. My troubles seem to grow and my anxiety spreads like a wild fire.

Relieve me of my worries Lord God, and subdue my fears. Save me from all the troubles that consume my heart and mind. Save me from my worries about my children and family, about my health and wellbeing. Save me from my worries about getting everything done, letting others down, paying the bills and so on. Save me from my misery and forgive me for doubting your care. Forgive me for grumbling about your provision. I know you have been good to me yet all I continue to do is ask for more.

I come to you for shelter Lord. I come to you for rest. Protect me from the humiliation of failure and keep my eyes safely focused on you. Show me your faithfulness as I seek you. Teach me your ways and show me how to follow you. Guide me by the truth of your word and instruct my heart as you have always done in the past. All my hope is in you.

I pray these things in Jesus’ name, Amen
~based on Psalm 25