Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lord God,

This is the day you have made for me to worship you, so I will do just that with joy and gladness. (Psalm 118:24). I will give thanks because of your righteousness and sing praise to honor your most glorious name (Psalm 7:17) I will worship you with all my heart and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you have done. (Psalm 9:1) I will sing to you because you have been good to me (Psalm 13:6) I will praise you for the guidance you continually give me (Psalm 16:7-8) knowing goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, so that I may live in your presence forever (Psalm 23:6).

I have joy in my life, Lord God, for you are my strength and my shield in whom I can trust. Today, I will demonstrate my gratefulness by singing to you. (Psalm 28:7). I will praise you, because you lifted me out of despair and did not let the world get the best of me. Instead, you healed me when I called to you for help. You brought me up from the pit of my despair kept me from going back (Psalm 30:1-3). You turned the sorrow of my heart into dancing by taking away my grief and replacing it with gladness. You did this so my heart could sing to you instead of being silent (Psalm 30:11-12).

Therefore, I will be glad and rejoice in your love. I will be glad because you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul (Psalm 31:7). I will acknowledge my sin to you and recognize my failures because I know you are good, and have forgiven all my guilt and shame (Psalm 32:5). I will honor you LORD, at all times; praising you with my list, boasting about your goodness with my soul, telling those who are broken, tired, weary and lost, that you love, you save, you forgive, and you redeem.

Thank you Lord Jesus, for this beautiful day,
In your name I pray,
Amen