Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lord God,

I know that those who do evil will not win in the end. I realize that the wickedness they spread will eventually lead to their own demise. But it’s difficult not to worry about them. It’s hard not to be anxious about the safety of those I love. It’s tough not to be jealous of the success they seem to achieve for doing wrong.

So help me Lord, to trust in you and do your will today. Help to enjoy the many blessings you poured out into my life. Help me to delight in you, to commit myself fully to your glory and to trust that you have my best interests at heart. Help me to think, say, and do those things that bring glory and honor to you.

Help me to be patient; help me to be humble. Help me to be kind, even to those who are not kind to me. Help me to be more confident, more truthful, and more secure. Help me to be less judgmental and more forgiving, more compassionate, more merciful and loving. Help me Lord, to be less concerned with other’s integrity, and more concerned with my own.

Turn me from my selfishness and pride, so that I might live in your presence and experience your peace. Help me to always do what is right, and not what is easy, comfortable, or self-promoting. Though I may never be rich, famous, powerful or well respected, help me Lord, to be satisfied in you. Help me to be satisfied with your eternal provision, your compassionate love, and your abundant mercy. Help me to be satisfied in hearing you say, “Well done good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21)

In Jesus’ name I pray,
Amen.
~based on Psalm 37:1-18