Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lord Jesus,

You are visible image of your Father, the firstborn of all creation. You reveal God’s glory to me and demonstrate his power. Not only did you create all things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, but you also sustain all things for your glory.

You fill my life we blessings and joys, with friends, family, and loved ones who care. You give me shelter, protect me from unseen dangers, guard my health, my heart, and my soul from all that could take me away from you. You support me, encourage me, nourish me, and sustain me through your Spirit, your Word, and your church, which you created for your own glory and honor.

You are supreme above all things, Lord Jesus. Your grace, your glory, your holiness and justice, your power, majesty, and righteousness are matchless. You alone offer victory over death. You alone are God. You alone reconcile all things to your Father, through your sacrifice on the cross for sin.

Thank you Lord, for bringing me back to God. Though I was rebellious and hostile, separated from God and enemies with him, you have made peace between us by accepting all the blame for my sin. You have restored my relationship with God by enduring my guilt and shame on the cross so that he might see me as innocent and holy.

Help me Lord to persevere in my faith. Send me your Spirit that I my endure life’s hardships. Keep me steady and firm in my hope that you are my Lord, Savior, Redeemer and Friend. Give me the strength, courage, and stamina to tell everyone about the forgiveness and freedom that you give to those who love you. May I not waver or rest until this is done.

By your grace and by your glory I pray these things in your name, Lord Jesus,
Amen (Colossians 1:15-23)