Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gracious God,

Please listen, and answer my prayer! I feel hopeless, and I cry out to you but you seem so far away. Be my strong tower and my refuge, where I can be safe from my enemies. Lead me to the rock that is high above me. Let me live with you forever and find protection in your presence (Psalm 61:1-5).

Only you can save me Lord, so I will wait patiently the mighty rock that keeps me safe, the fortress where I am secure. Though I am weak and my struggles carry on, I will find my rest in You alone, for you are the One who gives me hope. You alone are my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My honor and salvation come from you so I will trust in you at all times (Psalm 62:1-8)

I will offer my body as a living sacrifice that is pure and pleasing to you, Lord God. I will worship and serve you, and live for your glory. I will honor you with my actions, my words and even my thoughts. I will obey you in everything that I do, and I will find joy in doing so. I will live a humble life among my family, friends, neighbors and community, remembering that you put all of us here for a reason. I will do my best to be encouraging and generous, sincere in love, and honest in all that I do. I will reject what is evil. I will live in hope, and never seeking your will.

Help me Lord to take care of those who are in need and to be welcoming to everyone I meet. Help me to bless those who mistreat me, to rejoice with those who rejoice and mour with those who more. Help me to be a godly friend and to live in peace with everyone who was created in your image (Romans 12:1-21)

I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen