Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mighty God,

I worship you for your mercy and praise you for your everlasting love. I thank you for the call that you place in my heart, to gather each week with your people for rest and worship in your presence.

I am grateful, Lord God, for the truth of your word (John 17:17) and the direction it gives to my life (Psalm 119). I am thankful, for all your provision, and care, and protection that covers me day and night. I am forever indebted to you, gracious God, for the abundance of love you have shown me (John 15:3) and the love that I share with my friends and family (1 John 4:7-21). There is no greater gift than your love, and I am speechless that you offered it to me by grace through faith in Jesus (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Lord, I do not pray for wealth, I do not pray for fame, I do not pray for earthly power, but simply for the strength to glorify your name. Help me to demonstrate your love to others. Give me words to lead them to you. Fill me with an understanding of your truth so I can show them who you are and demonstrate all that you can do. Expand your kingdom through me, loving God, just as you promised to do, because I desire to see you glorified and others healed by your grace.

In Jesus’ name,
Amen
(~ 2 Chronicles 1-3)