Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lord God,

Help me to live with integrity. Help me to live according to your law. Help me to seek you with all that I am, to follow your ways and keep your commands. To love you with all my heart, soul, and mind, and to love my neighbor as I love myself (Matthew 22:37).

Help me to fix my eyes on you, to see your glory so I can worship with pure motives, and not because I want something from you. Help me to obey your word, not just the easy parts, or the parts that I like. But help me to obey all of it, to commit it to memory and know it by heart, to do what it requires, by doing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly with you (Micah 6:8).

Help me to tell others about your truth with my words and my actions, to demonstrate that my faith is not burdensome, and my God is not some kind of taskmaster. But to show the world that following Christ is good and right (Matthew 11:30)

Help me to meditate on your word, to delight in all that you have called me to do and see how you have blessed those who have been faithful to you throughout history. Help me to understand what you are calling me to do, and give me the courage and ability to do it.

Help me to see how generous you have been to me Lord. Do not let me focus on my brokenness, doubt, guilt, or shame, for Jesus died to set me free from those things, so that I might rejoice in the many blessings you have given me.

Help me Lord to glorify you today.

In Jesus name I pray,
Amen
~ based on Psalm 119:1-24