Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lord God,

I know I have sinned against you and I know I have done wrong. It hurts my heart to think that you may be disappointed with me. The guilt and shame cut to my soul. They make me feel sick because I fear you will stop loving me. The consequences of my sin fill me with anxiety because I fear the damage it will do to my relationships. I worry those I love will reject me when they discover how broken I am. It’s all too much for me Lord. My heart is heavy; I am anxious and overwhelmed. I don’t want anyone to know how arrogant, stupid and weak I can be. I don’t want anyone to see depth of selfishness, and I am afraid.

But you, Lord God, know everything about me. You see what is in my heart; my sorrow and guilt are not hidden from your sight. You know what I need. You know I am worn out and weak. You know there is nothing anyone else can say or do to relieve my pain. You know I have nothing to offer in my own defense. You know, you are all I need.

Lord, answer me when I call out for help. I wait for your answer. I don’t need to hear you voice (though, that might be nice on occasion), I simply need you to save me. Please hurry. Though I am trying to be patient, I don’t know how much longer I can keep going. At times it’s just too hard, too painful, and tiring. I have said I am sorry for my sins, what more do you want? What more can I give? I don’t know how much more I have to offer.

I know you won’t abandon me Lord. I know you won’t forsake me. I know you will not leave me my side to suffer alone in my sins. But please come quickly and be my Savior (Psalm 38). Save me from the destruction of my sin. Breath new life into me. Keep me humble, honest, holy. Show me how to live by your Word. Give me the strength and courage to speak and show your grace and truth to others. Help me to remain faithful to you. Give me understanding and wisdom. Fill my heart with a desire to live for you and love all that you call me to do (Psalm 119:25-48)

Lord give me your Spirit of truth that I might continue to love you and your Son, Jesus Christ. Give me the faith endure the temptations of this world, for your glory and honor (1 John 5:1-12).

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.