Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gracious God,

Remember your pledge to be my God. Remember your promise to love me (Romans 8:28-39). Remember your vow to be my hope (Psalm 25:1-7), and comfort in times of trouble. For I have not turned from your word nor abandon your instructions, because they bring me peace. I have not rejected your law as some have chosen to do, but make it the guiding principal of my life.

Lord, be gracious to me and grant me your favor. Bless me and provide for me all that I need to follow you. Teach me your ways and show me how to be faithful. Show me your goodness and everlasting love (Psalm 119:49-72). Help me not to trust in wealth, power, popularity, or any earthly wisdom. Help me to trust only in you.

For you alone can save me hell and all that seeks to destroy (Psalm 49). You alone can give me joy to celebrate in times of trouble and pain. You alone can reveal your Son so that I can trust him more.

Lord Jesus, give me the confidence to tell others about your grace and you truth today. To show them by my actions that I trust in you. And to tell them with my words how you have changed my life. Give me the strength to love them when they hate me, to bless them when they curse me, to pray for them when they are cruel to me, and to be kind to when they seek to harm me. Help me to sacrificially give of myself just as you sacrificially gave yourself for me. Help me to forgive as I have been forgiven. Help me not to judge or condemn. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight, with a thankful heart for all the blessings you have given me, both seen and unseen (Luke 6:27-38; Colossians 1:24-2:7).

In the name of your Jesus I pray, Amen.