Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, June 13, 2011

God of Glory and Shepherd of my Soul,

Please hear my prayers and listen to my requests. Show me your might, demonstrate you power, and rescue me once again from all that threatens to overwhelm my life. Turn me back to you and show me your mercy once more that I might be saved.

Lord God, though my anxiety is the result of my own sin, do not be frustrated with my prayers for help, for I am filled with sorrow for my sin and the trouble it has caused me. I know that others disrespect me because of the mistakes that I’ve made. I feel shame also. Yet I know you can you can save me if you turn me back to you once again. You can redeem my failures if you restore your blessing in my life.

Listen to me Lord, in my distress. Take care of me and strengthen me in your love. Revive me once again, just as you have done in the past, for I seek your help and desire your comfort, but I find no relief. I don’t even sleep as I should dear Lord, because all night, I worry about my life, my family, my job, my friends and so on. Sometimes, I wonder if you hear me anymore, if you have forgotten me or maybe rejected me all together. I wonder when I will feel your peace and comfort once again as I have so many times before in the past.

When I think back, I remember the many times you protected me and spared me from harm when I took risks that I should not have taken. I remember how you provided for me in times of need when I had no idea how I was going to survive. I remember how you softened the hearts of those who were rightfully angry and upset with things that I had done. I remember the love, joy and support you have given me through my family and friends. I am grateful once again when I stop to remember how faithful you have been to me.

Lord God, there is no other God like you. Not only are you holy, mighty, and just, but you are also compassionate and gracious beyond on measure. You redeemed me when I was rebellious, rescued me from my sin, and restored me to your presence. When I think of all the wonderful things you have done, all the things that I take for granted in my life, it is hard to feel hopeless. It is difficult to feel despair unless I presume upon your generosity or deny your provision all together.

Lord, may that not be the case in my life today. Help me to see the great things you have done. Help me to grasp all that you have provided. Give me a discerning and thankful heart that I might be grateful for the many blessings you have given me, and not covetous, envious or bitter for those things that I do not have. Help me to remember that you are God and thus you get to define your role in my life, not the other way around. For I don’t not want to end up like those who turned their back on you because you did not live up to their expectations. I do not want to end up like those who rejected you because they did not see, and thus were not thankful for your provision in their lives.

I want to live by the power of your Spirit and be a willing witness to your grace and truth, and the salvation from sin that comes from you.

By your grace and for your glory I pray, Lord Jesus, Amen
~Psalm 77, 80; 1 Samuel 1:1-20; Acts 1:1-14