Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, June 27, 2011

Thank you, God, for being good. Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you, Lord, for redeeming me and letting me praise your name. For you saved me from my sin and drew me to yourself. You called me by your grace and truth when I was lost and wandering aimlessly through life. Though I did not know it, I needed you, and I always will.


Do not reject me, Lord, or give up on me. Do not abandon me in my troubles and distress. Rescue me as you have before and lead me into the safety of your presence so I can prosper and live. Let me come to you Lord so I can praise you in for your great love and all the wonderful things you have done. For you have satisfied my thirst for faith and fulfilled my hunger for knowledge of you.

When I sat in the darkness of my sin, I was blind. I didn’t even realize how miserable and helpless I was without you and I foolishly rebelled against you, dismissing your grace and truth. .I didn’t think I needed you so you crushed my pride with hard labor. You made my work fruitless and frustrating to show me how much you were blessing me even when I didn’t know it.

In response, I called out to you for help in my troubles and you responded. I begged you to save me from my distress and you replied. You led me from the darkness and gloom of my despair. You saved me from my anxiety and released me from the bondage of my sin so I could worship you. You showed me you love so I could show your love to others. You feed me from my sin so I could tell them how they too could be free. You change my life so you could use me to change the lives of others, by using every opportunity to tell others about your grace, truth, hope and love.

Though I rebelled against you, and foolishly suffered for my selfishness, you saved me. You healed my brokenness and snatched me from the grip of the death I would have suffered because of my sin. You saved me and I thank you Lord for loving me so much. I praise you for your power and mercy. When my life was tossed about like a ship on a stormy sea, you rescued me from the stormy turmoil and gave me a calm assurance of your grace. You blessed me with stillness and brought me safely into your congregation at Mercy Road. Now help me Lord, to bring others to you there as well.

By your grace and truth, may my life bring you glory, through your Son Jesus I pray, Amen.
~ Read Psalm 107:1-32 (See also Psalm 106:1-48; 1 Samuel 10:17-27; Luke 22:52-62; Acts 7:44-8:1a)