Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sovereign Lord,

Give me a thankful heart today. Help me to tell others of the great things you have done for me. Help me demonstrate your holiness and explain how you changed my life. Give me the strength to seek you and the patience I need to endure life’s trials with joy.

For I know that you are just and you always keeps your promises. Your commitment to me endures a forever, even when I rebel against you and wander away from your will for my life. You protect me. Though I continue to suffer the consequences of my own sin and selfishness, you free me from the guilt and ease the pain in ways that I do not fully appreciate. You allow me to be tested Lord, but you always give me the things I need to carry on, and you bless the things that I do. You make me strong and work through me for your glory.

Lord, remember your promise to be my God. Remember your vow to love me no matter what. Remember your promise to give me the grace I need to obey your commands and return your love to you. For I cannot do it alone, Lord God, I cannot do it without your help. Help me to put an end to my selfishness that I might do what is right in your eyes. Help me to turn away from my pride so I can live with you. Forget my past sins because of your Son’s sacrifice. Look past my self-righteousness to the righteousness of Christ. Turn me away from my pride, envy, greed, and unforgiving heart. Free me from my apathy, insecurity, and fear. Help me to recognize my own faults and failures so I don’t repeat them. Turn me back to you so I can live.

Renew my hope and confidence in you, Lord Jesus. Save me from my sin. Help me to love you with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind. Help me to love my neighbor as myself. Intercede for me and help me rely on your mercy and grace instead of my own goodness or obedience, for you are holy, you are God, and you are my great High Priest forever.

In your name I pray,
Amen

~Ps. 105:1-22; Ps. 105:23-45; Ezek. 18:1-4, 19-32; Luke 10:25-37; Heb. 7:18-28