Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, June 22, 2011




Lord God,

Your love and justice are so great, they make me feel like singing. They make me want to live a pure life of integrity and holiness. They make me want to reject my sin and always remain faithful to you. Please don’t keep silent when my mind is troubled and my heart is heavy. Don’t let me be accused or maligned by those who hate you. But defend me and stop those who would stand against you and your servant.

Bless me, Sovereign God, and do well by me for your reputation! Rescue me because you are faithful and good. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is full of pain. I am fading like a shadow at dusk;
and I am brushed off like a bug. My knees are weak from fasting, and I am wasting away. Help me Lord. Save me because of your unfailing love. Let everyone see the good you do in my life so they will praise you as I do.

Don’t leave me to my troubles Lord, but give me your blessing. Let me see your promise fulfilled in my life. Demonstrate your unfailing love to me. Give me the wisdom to discern your will. Teach me your decrees. Help me to understand your laws so I can love you more and live in obedience. Don’t let me be sidetracked by worldly pursuits of fame and fortune, but help me to stay focused on your and your word.

For your word is wonderful, Lord. Your teaching gives light to my life. I wish you would show me yourself so I could know you better. Come and show me your mercy. Show me your love and grace. Ransom me from the sin and evil that oppresses me, and help me to live for you.

Because you gracious God are righteous and your ways are perfect. You are trustworthy and kind and I want to live for you.

By your grace and for your glory and pray, Amen.
~Psalm 101, 109:1-30, 119:121-144