Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday June 29, 2011



Lord God,

Save me from the deceit and lies of this world, rescue me from my troubles that weigh me down. Execute your justice; demonstrate your power and strength through the world, so that your people might have peace, amid so much conflict and war.

Though there is much to fear in this world, gracious God, when I consider my life, I know that my help comes from you. I know you created the heavens and the earth, and I know you watch over them day and night. Though my body is weary and longs for rest, you never grow weary and you never sleep.

Night and day, you protect me, and shield me from the dangers of the day. You keep me from slipping up on things that might hurt me, and give me a firm footing to stand on in your Word. You are always watching over me, Lord, keeping me safe wherever I may go, and it makes my heart glad.

That is why I enjoy worshipping you. That is why I work for you good and glory. I don’t do it out of obligation, but out of gratefulness for you are and all that you have done for me. I worship because you deserve to be worshipped. I obey, because you deserve to be obeyed. I come to you Lord, because that is where I find justice and peace so that all will go well with my life.

Lord God, turn my eyes to you today, that I might see your mercy. Give me the grace that I need to sustain me through this day, and guide me by your truth. Let me know that you are on my side, so I will not be “swept away” by everything in my life that threatens to overwhelm me. Protect me from my enemies and help me to trust in you so I will stand firm, even amid the troubles, trials, temptation and turmoil of the day.

Thank you for giving my life meaning Lord. Thank you for guiding and preserving me. Thank you for giving me talents and skills. Thank you for making my work prosper. Thank you for my family and my children, for they are truly a blessing. Thank you for giving me sleep and rest in you. Thank you for all that you do, and the many blessings you have given me. Thank you for giving me life.

I pray all this in Jesus’ name, Amen.
~ Read Psalm 120-127