Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, August 5, 2011

Heal me Lord, and give me faith. Do not overlook my doubts and fears. I believe in you Lord, but please help my unbelief. Help me to see you for who you are. Help me to recognize the many blessings you have given me and the great things you are doing in my life. I come to you for help, Lord, because you are my only hope.

Keep me safe, LORD God, and listen carefully when I call out to you. Please hear my prayers and respond to my troubles and concerns. Otherwise Lord, I might be overwhelmed because my heart is so heavy. I feel totally helpless, and I wonder if you have forgotten or abandon me in my darkest hour.

I know you detest my sin because I can feel your anger towards it. If others only knew the wickedness I’ve hidden in my heart, they would surely reject me and run from me in horror. I feel like a prisoner who cannot escape, and I am blinded by my sorrow. Every day, I pray for mercy and beg for help wondering if you will save me from my despair before I die. Do not reject me Lord, or turn your face away from me, for I am sick, terrified, and helpless. Darkness is my only companion, and I need to see your light.

I can’t wait to live in the safety of your Kingdom and rest in the shadow of your wings. I long to experience, the security and peace of your presence, where death and disease, fear and frustration, grief, guilt, pain, sorrow and shame are no longer threats to me. I desire to live in a place where the dangers of night and the troubles of day are things of the past.

Though thousands will fall and the wickedness of the world will be destroyed, I will run to you Lord, because you faithfully protect me from disasters and shield me from harm. You command your angels to watch over me wherever I may go, and you instruct them to carry me in their arms, so I will not trip, fall and get hurt.

You will overpower the strongest lions and the most deadly snakes to keep me safe because of your faithfulness to those who truly love you and know who you are. Therefore, when I am in trouble, I will call out to you with confidence, knowing you will answer me, and demonstrate your power to save.

I honor you Lord, and I sing your praise. I am grateful for all that you have done for me, and I can’t wait to see what more you will do. To wake up each morning and know your great love is too wonderful for me to explain. To lay down at night understanding how faithful you are brings deep comfort to my soul.

I enjoy praising your name because everything you do brings me joy. You do great things, Lord God, and your thoughts are too deep for a fool like myself to comprehend. Though wickedness exists, it will not prevail, because you rule over all forever. You have chosen me to by your child, to grow in your house, and to live for you, so that my life will glorify and honor you.

In the name of my Savior and Lord, Jesus, I pray,
Amen
~ Read Psalm 88, 91, 92; Mark 9:14-29