Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, August 22, 2011




You bless me, when I reject the sinful and selfish desires of my heart. You give me comfort and peace, when I do not conform to the standards of the world. You fill me with great joy, when follow your holy word, which gives me strength and produces good works in my life. It keeps me firmly connected to you, Lord, unlike those who reject you and live without your love.

They plot wars and vainly, seek their own selfish gain. They take advantage of those who are weak and helpless, to make themselves stronger. They oppress your truth Lord, and promote lies that pit people against one another out of greed, envy, pride, prejudice, and lust. They are vile and vicious, but in contrast, you Lord God, are righteous and just.

You laugh at their plans and mock their feeble strength. You hold them to account for all they have done, and demonstrate contempt for the wickedness they promote. Though their plans seem to succeed for awhile, you knock them down with the sound of your voice, and raise up your Son to be King over all the earth.

He will bring justice to the unjust and mercy to the oppressed. He will not allow evil to stand or wickedness to bear fruit, but promote your truth and grace to the ends of the earth, and he will save us from all that is wrong in the world today.

Therefore, I will praise you Lord, and serve you alone. I will rejoice in all the plans that you have for me, even when things don’t work out the way I hoped. I will express my love for you every day in my life, and every week, when I worship with your people; and there, in your presences, I will take refuge from all who seek to draw me away from you.

Though many desire to hurt me in such ways, you, Lord God, shield me and give me victory. You bestow honor upon me and give me the desire to obey your will. You hear my calls for help and sustain my life. You give me comfort and peace, so I will not be afraid.

Save me, Gracious God, because you are my salvation. Bless me Lord, when I call upon your name. Give me relief from my doubt, and hear my sincere prayers for help. Do not be angry and me because of my sin, nor remain silent because I am unfaithful. Instead, help me Lord to trust you more. Show me your goodness and grace. Fill my heart with joy. Let me dwell in you safely and give me peace.

Lord God, give me opportunities to tell everyone about who you are, and that you have done in my life. Let me boldly proclaim you and freely demonstrate your grace to everyone I meet. Fill all my thoughts with your word, and give me the wisdom and strength to walk in your ways, until you return in glory and honor.

In Jesus’ holy name, Amen.
~Psalm 1, 2, 3; Ps. 4, 7; 1 Kings 1:5-31; Acts 26:1-23; Mark 13:14-27