Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, August 23, 2011



Lord God,

Lead me in your righteousness. Listen to my prayers and hear me as I groan, for you are my King and my God. Please answer my cries for help because I only pray to you. Lord, hear my voice in the morning as I bring my requests to you and wait for your reply. Hear my voice, because my heart is grieved by all the brokenness and sin in the world.

My soul longs to be with you, Lord, where greed, hypocrisy, hatred and selfishness cannot exist. For there, I know, the arrogant will not stand in your presence, and the liar cannot live in your truth. I know you will not tolerate such offences, Lord God, for they are contrary to your holy nature, and offensive to your perfection. Yet, all who bow before you can enter your house because of your steadfast love. All who respect and serve you will live in your presence by your grace.

So lead me in your righteousness, Gracious God, make the path to you straight before me. Guard me from the lies of those who rebel against you Lord, and brag about their sin. Protect me from the destruction that they bring and steer me clear of their counsel, so I don’t become confused by their advice. But let me take refuge in you and find joy in your presence and protection. Bless me with your righteousness and cover me with your favor as a shield from all that could destroy me.

Rescue me, Lord, and do not rebuke me in your anger. Have mercy, and do not punish me because of my sin. For, I am weak and weary from my troubles. I am overwhelmed with grief, worry and pain. How long, O Lord, will you wait to save me? How long will you let me struggle? Please, don’t keep me waiting too long, for I need you now. I need to experience more of your grace, more of your forgiveness, more of your strength and more of your steadfast love.

Don’t remain far off, Lord, but come close to your servant and redeem me from all that keeps me from knowing you more. Hear my plea and accept my prayers to you. Do not let the wicked prosper while I struggle. Do not let the arrogant succeed while I fail. Do not forget your humble servant because of my sin, but by your grace, forgive me now and bless the work that I do for you.

Give me all that I need to serve you in righteousness for your glory. Like your servants long ago, give me the wisdom to make the right decisions. Give me the strength to follow your precepts and walk in your ways. Make my service to you prosper and grow, and do not let your word return empty that I might glorify as I anxiously await the day of your return in glory.
Through your Son, Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen
~ Psalm 5, 6, 10, 11; 1 Kings 1:38-2:4; Mark 13:28-37; Acts 26:24-27:8