Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, August 30, 2011



Lord God,

Forgive me, if I have not followed your ways or trusted you without wavering. Test my heart to see if I am not faithful to you. Your everlasting love is always son my mind, so that I may walk in your truth.

Lord, listen to my plea and answer me, for I try not to live like the liars, hypocrites, greedy or arrogant. I maintain my innocence, and I worship you for your amazing works and the wonderful things you have done in my life. I love your sanctuary Lord, for that is where I hear of your beauty, your Kingdom, your power and your glory. That is where I gather with your people to praise you for who you are.

Please, do not let me be swept away with those who reject you and embrace their sin. Do not let my life fall into the hands of those who would have me abandon my faith and walk in their rebellious ways. Do not let me stumble into dishonesty, deceit or any other selfish pursuit, but help me to follow you with integrity. Redeem me and be gracious to me. Set my feet on the stable ground of your presence where my footing is sure and my path is clear.

Do not ignore my humble request, Lord, do not be silent to my cry for help. Do not let me fall into the wickedness and harmful habits of my old life. Do not let me be carried away by my sin. Hear my cries for mercy. See how I hold out my hands to receive your blessing. Keep my heart from hypocrisy and deceit, and help me to live what I preach.

Help me to seek peace with my neighbors and any who might have something against me. Help me to recognize the works your hands and to regard the wonder of your ways. Help me to be an encouragement to others, to build them up in your love and grace, through the truth of your word and the blessings it bestows on our lives. Lord, hear my voice and my cries for mercy. Be my strength and my shield. Help my heart to trust in you more, so I might exalt you with all of my heart.

Be my refuge, my strength and my shepherd forever, because of your unfailing love for me and your faithfulness that reaches beyond the clouds. Bless me in abundance so I can be a blessing to others. Guard my heart, and my hands, and my tongue that I might avoid offending you Lord, and save me from my sin.

Help me to demonstrate your grace, truth, hope and love to all that I meet, not just in words, but also in deed, for your glory and honor. Help me to show my faith, by the way, I live. Help me to always be faithful, and never deny, that you are my Lord, and the Savior of my life. By the precious blood of your Son, I am saved, and in his glorious and righteous name, I pray, Amen.

~Read Psalm 26, 28, 36, 39; Mark 14:66-72; James 2:14-26