Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, August 3, 2011



Lord God,

You offer us joy and strength in our time of need. You give us reason to sing and celebrate. For, you have given us your word. You have revealed yourself to us and called us to obey. You rescued us from the isolation of our selfishness, and freed us from the oppressive burdens of our sin. You answered our prayers and rescued us from our troubles.

You call us to reject the idols of our hearts—the things that take our attention and devotion away from you. You call us to resist the temptation to live for anything other than you because you are the one true God, our Lord and our Savior, and you provide us with everything we need.

Help us then, to listen to you Lord. Keep our hearts from becoming stubborn. Guide us and help us to follow you wherever you go, and demonstrate your mighty power in us. Help us to love you Lord and to receive your provision with thankfulness and joy.

Give us compassion for the poor, the sick, and the lost. Give us a passion for all children that we might teach them to follow you as they grow. Help us to defend the helpless, provide for the needy, strengthen the weak, and shelter the homeless. Give us compassionate hearts for anyone who is in need or may not know you. Shine your light into our community that we might see where we should go and to whom we should minister.

Give us a deep, enduring love for your Law! Help us to meditate on it day and night, so we may grow wiser in your ways, and obey all that you have commanded us to do. Teach us Lord; give us understanding. Keep us from temptation, trials and troubles by your word, which serves as a lamp that lights the way for me. Accept my offerings of praise and teach me your laws.

Because your laws are fair, I will give them the respect they deserve. I will never forget your teachings, especially when my life is in danger. I will never turn my back on your word, Lord God because it is my most prized possession and the source of my joy. I will do my best to obey your laws forever, no matter what, because you are my place of safety and my shield. Your word is my only hope.

Be true to your word, LORD. Preserve me and give me strength. Do not let me be abused or broken because of my hope in you, but keep me safe and secure, so that I can always respect your laws and follow you.

Help me to take up my cross and follow you. Help me to make you the first priority of my life. Help me to sacrifice my selfishness so you can live in me, and I can live through you. Help me to give up my life for your glory and the gospel so that I might be saved through it.

I will not be ashamed of you or your message, Lord Jesus, but I will confidently and faithfully demonstrate your grace and speak your truth to everyone I meet.

In your holy name, I pray,
Amen
~ Psalm Ps. 81, 82, 119:97-120; Mark 8:34-9:1