Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, September 23, 2011



Lord God,

You are the one who saves me, so I cry out to you for help. Hear my prayers and listen to my petitions, for my troubles are many and my life grows shorter by the day. I don’t want the rest of my life to be filled with anxiety, doubt and fear. Nevertheless, no matter how much I try, I can’t seem to shake those feelings that drag me down and leave me stalled in despair.

Sometimes, I feel as though you’ve abandoned me and left me to suffer because of my sin. Sometimes, I feel as though you’ve cut me off from your blessing, despite your promise to care for me. Though I know many others suffer greater afflictions and pain than I do, please don’t leave me in my distress. Please don’t make me live without your presences in my life, but demonstrate your unfailing love for me. Show your faithfulness for all to see.

Display your love in the darkness of my heart. Show your faithfulness through the troubles in my life. Demonstrate your power over the things that overwhelm me, and shower your goodness upon every aspect of my life, so that I may never forget you.

I call out to you for help, gracious God, because I know you would never reject me. Despite the loneliness I feel, and the terror that envelopes my heart at times, I know you are there. However, I admit I sometimes struggle to see you through the darkness in my life, so I pray that you would make yourself more visible to me.

For I desire to find peace in your presence and refuge in your shadow. I long to live without fear of sickness and death, or worry about finances, family and the future. I want to trust you, Lord, and be delivered from the anxieties that draw my thoughts away from you.

Protect me Lord, and those you love from disease and sickness, injury and death. Give us shelter under the shadow of your wings and shield us from all that threatens to harm us. Calm our fears and anxieties, and command your angels to guard us in all our ways. Rescue those who love you Lord, and protect those who trust in the power of your name and the great salvation that goes with it, through Jesus Christ.

Do not let me be tempted, Lord, do not let me fail, for your glory and honor, in the name of your Son, Jesus I pray, Amen.


~Psalm 88, 91, 92; 2 Kings 9:17-37; 1 Corinthians 7:1-9; Matthew 6:7-15