Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, September 12, 2011



Lord God,

Be merciful to me, for I am under a great deal of pressure, and the stress is getting to me. At times, I fear I won’t have the strength to carry on, and yet I know that I need not fear when I trust in you. For I know you care for me just as you promise, and I know you will make me to preserver through whatever trial or trouble may come.

After all, nothing in this world can really hurt me. No one here can steal my soul away from you. Nothing can separate me from your everlasting love. So really, I have nothing to fear. Nevertheless, please don’t let the wicked prevail. Don’t let the evil in this world harm me or overwhelm me, for you know how that makes me despair. I know you are on my side Lord God, but please, if it’s not too much to ask, give me some reassurance that what I believe is true. Help me to trust in you and see how you fulfill your promise to care for me so that I can fulfill my promises to you.

Rescue me from death, gracious God, and keep me from stumbling, so that I can walk in your presence and live in your light. Be merciful to me, O God, because I look to you for protection. I long to take refuge in the shadow of your wings; to find shelter from all that threatens to harm me in this life, from all the obligations and pressures that threaten to overwhelm me. Though I know your plans for me are far better than my own, at times, I admit, I don’t feel it Lord, so I need your help to persevere.

Send forth your unfailing love and faithfulness Lord. Do not let me be torn apart by all that things that compete for my time and energy like fierce lions devouring their prey. Reveal your greatness, O God, to all the earth, that everyone migjt glorify you. Demonstrate your care, and protect me, because I am weak and weary of the stress. Do not let me fall into the traps that jeopardize my health and happiness, but make my heart confident once more, so I can trust in you again.

Maintain your justice, be my hope, forgive my sins, and provide for my needs. Put a thankful song in my heart so that I can see praises about your unfailing love and your glory that shine over all the earth, and know, merciful God, that I will always give thanks to you for the grace and peace you have given me, through Christ Jesus, my Lord and Savior, in whose name I pray, Amen.

~Read: Psalm 56, 57, 58, (64), 65; (1 Kings 21:1-16); 1 Corinthians 1:1-19; (Matthew 4:1-11)