Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, September 1, 2011



Lord God,

Help me not to worry about the wicked or envy those who get ahead by cheating and doing wrong, for they will soon fade away like the grass in the field and wither like the leaves on the trees. Help me instead, to trust in you Lord, and do good; according to your will, so that I might live in your presence and be always faithful to you.

I know, Lord God, that if I depend on you and trust you, you will care for me and give me all that I need. So help me to commit my life to yours, not just in word but in action. Help me to trust you with everything I have, and in everything that I do. Help me to live in your righteousness and practice your justice in my life. Calm my worries and quiet my fears as I learn to wait patiently for you. Help my heart to be still.

Help me to refrain from anger, and to turn away from revenge. Take away the frustration of my heart when evil seems to win the day. Help me to remember your sovereignty Lord, and the justice that comes by your hand.

Lord, do not let me be put to shame. Do not let me fall. Help me to stand and be faithful to you, even when things are not going well and my heart is inclined to doubt. Help me to know that blessing that is mine, though the promise you made in your word. Help me to see how you guild my steps and lead me to walk in your way. Though I will stumble you won’t let me fail, because you are holding me up even when I can’t see, hear, or feel your presence.

But I know that it’s true, because of the generous blessings you have placed in my life. My family, my friends, the fellowship of your people, the support they provide, the help that they offer, the joy that we share in our lives. Even the sorrow and struggles, Lord God are blessings while I’m in your care, because once they are past, I can see how you worked and know that you were always there.

So turn me away from all evil, toward all that is good and true. Draw me into your presence with grace that I might dwell there with you. Preserve me forever, protect me from falling, uphold me with strength and with power. Help me to do what is right in your eyes, and deliver me from all evil, so I can take refuge in you.

Do not allow me to turn from you Lord, no matter what happens in my life. But help me to stand in your wisdom and love, to show myself to be faithful to you.
In the powerful name of Jesus I pray, Amen

~ Ps. 37:1-18; Ps. 37:19-42; 1 Kings 11:1-13; James 3:13-4:12; Mark 15:12-21