Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, September 29, 2011


Lord God,

Thank you for everything that you do for me Lord, and the many great blessings you’ve given. For my family and my friends who love me, even when I’m not very loveable, for the food that nourishes me, the clothes that cover me, and the home that keeps me safe and warm. For the job that provides an income for me and the church where I worship, serve and learn to follow you. Thank you Lord, for all that you’ve given me, for everything you’ve done and continue to do in my life.

I hope that others can recognize my commitment to you Lord. I hope they hear your grace and truth in the words that I speak. I hope they see your love in the things that I do. I hope and pray that my life glorifies you so others might know about who you are and understand the wonderful things you have done for your people throughout history.

For such things encourage me Lord, such things give me joy. When I hear about how you rescued your people from their slavery, it comforts me Lord. When I hear about how you preserved them through diversity, it gives me strength. I want others to know the comfort and strength that only you can provide. I want them to know the encouragement that comes from worshiping together with your people, and the assurance that comes from seeking your help. I want others to know about the wonderful things you have done and continue to do for your people, for those you love.

Lord, I pray that your justice would be seen throughout the earth and your promises would be revealed to all people. I pray that they would hear about the covenant you made long ago, with Abraham and Isaac, and see how you still keep that covenant to this day. I pray that they would understand how you have protected them from harm, and provided for their needs through difficult times. I pray that they would see how you have gifted them, preserved them, and placed them exactly where you wanted them to be, for a specific purpose and a specific task.

Gracious God, preserver us, and make us fruitful. Grow us and give us the strength to face those who oppose your truth. Give us the courage to confront those who try to minimize your grace. Work through us to demonstrate your power and authority over all creation, and show the world you are Lord of All.

Lord, don’t allow us to be deceived by those who promise us things that only you can provide. Help us to resist those who say we should not trust you. Do not allow us to be enslaved by legalism, hypocrisy, or those who try to tell us that our service to you is unimportant. But help us Lord, help us to put your word into practice. Help us to demonstrate our love for you through our obedience. May we never lose our amazement with your word, but always be seeking, always be learning, always be growing through what it teaches us about you.

By your grace and for your glory I pray all these things, Lord Jesus, Amen.

~ Read: Psalm 105:1-22, (23-45); 2 Kings 18:28-37; 1 Corinthians 9:1-15; Matthew 7:22-29