Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, September 13, 2011



Lord God,

Listen to my prayer, I pray, and hear my calls for help. I feel hopeless and distant from you when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to your safety Lord, so I can take refuge in you from all that threatens to harm me. Let me live forever in your presence, and find shelter in the shadow of your wings. Fulfill your promises to me and bless me with the blessings you give all who worship you.

I wait quietly before you, O God, because I know you give victory. You alone are the foundation of my faith that brings me salvation, and the fortress of grace that cannot be shaken. I am thankful for you Lord, because I cannot stand alone. There are too many dangers, toils and snares in this life, and without your guidance and protection, I would surely fall.

So help me to wait patiently before you, O God, and put my hope in you. Give me victory and honor over my sin as I confess to you my weaknesses and failures, and be safe in your presence.

Stand up, Lord, to those who are unrepentant and selfish. Stand up to those who do not speak your truth in love. Stand up to those who do not demonstrate your grace. Do not let their hatred prevail, but turn their hearts from their sin to see your glory.

Give the godly a reason to rejoice. Fill us with your joy so we can sing praise to your name and rejoice in your presence. From your holy dwelling place, be a Father to the fatherless, a defender of the weak, a shelter to the homeless, and a healer of the sick. Give families to the lonely, and free those who are prisoners of their own anger, lust, greed, envy, prejudice, hypocrisy, self-loathing, and doubt. Free them just as you freed your people from their slavery in Egypt, and provided for their every need. Refresh them when they are weary, and give them your strength when they are weak.

Fill our hearts with your word and the good news that it brings to all who trust in you, for you are the God that saves his people. You are the Sovereign Lord, who rescues us from all our enemies. Display your power, as you have in the past. Correct us when we are wrong, Lord God, and humble our hearts when we think better of ourselves than we ought. Reveal our sin so that we can seek your forgiveness and repent of any evil that we have done. Make us humble before you and protect us from idols.

Lead us to salvation through Christ, who is the power and wisdom of God. Thank you for choosing to love a lowly fool like me, and help me to boast in you alone.
In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen

~Read: Psalm 61, 62, 68:1-35; 1 Kings 21:17-29; 1 Corinthians 1:20-31; Matthew 4:12-17