Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, September 27, 2011



Lord God,

Vengeance belongs to you, because your wisdom is infinite and your justice perfect. You judge in all righteousness, and you rule with great fairness, integrity and truth. Demonstrate your justice now, and expose those who are arrogant and proud. Don’t let them think they’ve gotten away with murder. Don’t allow them to believe they won’t answer for their cruelty, but show them that you know their evil thoughts and hear their wicked plans. Rebuke them for their sin, righteous God, just as you rebuke those you love.

For blessing and grace come through your discipline. Comfort and peace are found in your teaching. You grant relief to those who study your word and obey it. You do not abandon those who seek you and live for your glory. You defend your people from evil and protect them from harm. You demonstrate your justice to those who love you and pursue it with joy.

If it weren’t for your help, gracious God, I know I wouldn’t have a chance. I know I would die in an instant if you were not looking out for me and protecting me from harm. But as it is, when I cry for help, you are there. If my foot slips, you keep me from falling, and support me with your unfailing love. When anxiety fills my heart, you comfort me. When fear fills my soul, you make me calm. You are my refuge and my strength, the source of all my hope.

So, I praise you, Lord, and worship you with joy, because you are the one who protects me. You are the one who saves me from destruction and rescues me from evil. Whether it’s my own, or that of someone else, you deliver me from the wickedness that dwells in the hearts of all people, so that I can give thanks to you in your presence.

So, once again, I praise you Lord, and worship you with great joy! I give thanks for the abundance and blessing you have given me, and willingly dedicate my life to your glory. I proclaim your greatness above all else, and recognize that everything was created by your awesome power. I acknowledge that your ways and wisdom are so much higher than my own, there is nothing more I can do, except bow before you in humble worship of my great and sovereign Creator and King.

I thank you, mighty God, for your promise to be my God. I thank you for calling me to be one of your people. Today, when I hear your voice correct me Lord. I will not harden my heart to what you are saying, but I will turn from my sin, and run back to you so that can enter your rest.

Help me to worship you today, awesome God! Help me to proclaim your truth to the world. Help me to serve you with gladness and zeal. Help me to demonstrate your wonderful grace. Help me to know the depth of your love. Help me to know the magnitude of your mercy. Help me to be grateful for all that I have, and not bitter or envious of what I do not. Give me a thankful heart, Lord God, that I may be a blessing to you and glorify your name in everything I do.

By your grace and for your glory, I pray all these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

~Read: Psalm 94, 95, 97, 99, 100; (2 Chronicles 29:1-3, 30:1-27); (1 Corinthians 7:32-40); (Matthew 7:1-12)