Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, September 21, 2011



Lord God,

I love your word. I think about it all the time and do my best to apply it to my life every day. It gives me more wisdom than anything else can, and it helps me to follow your will for my life. Help me to continue to do so every day. Help me to obey you and observe your teachings so that I might remain in your presence. Keep me from false and evil pursuits, and protect me from harm for your glory and honor.

Lord, your word lights my way and illuminates that path you want me to follow. I will continue to study, listen and obey because I know deep in my heart, that is what is best for my life. Though I face troubles and turmoil every single day, I know your word will revive my soul. I know the things you teach me in the Bible will always lead me back to you.

Though some reject your word or walk away from it when life gets difficult, I will not fall into that trap. I will not forget your law or stray from you teachings because they bring me joy. They give me comfort. They are written on my heart, so I chose to obey.

Lord, I confess, I am confused by disloyalty and frustrated by hypocrisy. I don’t know how to respond to those who say they love you but go about their lives, as if they don’t. I wish they would listen. I wish they could see the benefits of commitment to you. I wish they could see how important it is to love your word, and love your plan for their lives.

For you are our protection and our refuge. You are the source of all our hope. So I intended to follow your commands in everything I do. I pray you will sustain me Lord, and not let my hope in you be crushed. I pray you will keep me safe from all harm, so I can continue to follow your will for my life and give you all the glory and honor. .

Do not abandon me, though I often ignore you. Do not reject me, though I sometimes turn my back on you. Do not let me wander from you for vain pursuits or useless goals, but keep me close to your side so that I won’t have to face your judgment. Then I will worship you with joy and proclaim your greatness with praise. I will call on you in times of trouble, and you will rescue me, because that is what you promise to do.

Remove my stubborn pride, gracious God, and calm my wrestles heart. Do not let me be anxious or troubled by the strife in this world, but help me to obey you in faithfulness and keep my eyes focused on the place where your glory dwells. Do not let my heart remain in its cold and wicked slumber, but awaken my spirit and satisfy my soul with your word.

Thank you for showing me your love, Lord Jesus, and help me live in that love, loving other just as you love me, by your grace and for your glory, I pray all these things in your holy and righteous name, Amen.

~Read: Psalm (81), (82), 119:97-120; (2 Kings 6:1-23); Matthew 5:38-48; (1 Corinthians 5:9-6:8)