Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, October 21, 2011



Lord God,

I come to you for protection; never let me be disgrace. I take refuge in you; don't allow me to be put to shame. Incline your ear to me, and rescue me. Listen to my prayers as you have promised, and deliver me from the troubles and temptations that threaten to lead me away from you; for you are like a rock on which I can stand; a strong fortress that protects me from all harm. You rescue me from the hidden traps of life, and keep me safe from harm.

Faithful God, I give my spirit to you because you have redeemed me. I offer myself as a living sacrifice, for your glory. I reject the idols of my heart—success, security, wealth, popularity, beauty, comfort, etc— because I know they are worthless. Instead, I put my trust in you and rejoice in your great love.

Lord, you know my struggles and understand my troubles. You see how my heart is anxious and recognize the stress I am under. Be gracious to me God. Be kind and make your presence known. Give me comfort from the grief that I feel and do not let me be overwhelmed by sorrow. Though my strength fades, do not let me waste away as if I were never here, by renew my spirit and calm my fear. Do not forget me like someone who has died, but answer my prayers because I call out to you.

Shower me with the abundant goodness you have stored up for those who respect you, Lord. Have mercy on me and shield me from trouble. Bless me in your presence and preserve my life. Be my salvation and give me courage to trust you and follow wherever you might lead me.

Deal justly with those who practice injustice and turn their hearts to you. Do not let them profit from their thirst for power, but humble them and demonstrate your power; for you are great, and worthy of all praise, for you are good and your love endures forever. Give me a faithful heart to follow your law and live my life for you.

Help me to demonstrate grace instead of condemnation. Help me to promote peace instead of conflict. Exchange my greed for generosity, my arrogance for humility, my apathy for concern, and my fear for courage. Help me to keep alert; to be firm in my faith; to stay strong and brave; and to demonstrate love in everything that I do.

By the power of your Spirit and the name of your Son Jesus, I pray, Amen

~Read: Psalm 31, 35; Ezra 3; 1 Corinthians 16:10-24; Matthew 12:22-32