Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, October 28, 2011



Lord God,

I patiently wait for you to hear my prayer, and I hope you will answer to my cry for help. For I cannot escape the hopelessness in my heart, and I need you to rescue me. I need you to restore my faith and give me a firm place to stand on. Make my way secure, Lord, so I can follow you with confidence. Give me joy instead of sorrow and make me a beacon to others who are lost in the darkness, so they can see and put their trust in you.

For happiness and security come from trusting you. Abundant blessing comes from accepting your truth and experiencing your grace. No one can compare to you, gracious God. Your kindness and compassion toward me are beyond measure; your love is greater than I can comprehend, yet, you do not expect repayment from me. I do not have to earn your love. Instead, all you ask is that I love you in return; that I listen to your word and obey with a willing heart.

Grace, that’s what is, just grace, and it fills my heart with joy. It makes me want to trust you, Lord. It gives me the desire to listen and obey. Write your word on my heart, and etch your law in my mind so that I never forget what you have done for me and what you call me to do. Give me your wisdom to proclaim your truth my entire life and help me to share it boldly with everyone I meet.

Don’t withhold your mercy, Lord, and don’t withdraw your love. Rescue me from the numerous troubles that surround me and save me from my sin, that I cannot escape on my own. Save me by your power, and declare me innocent of my guilt.

Hear my prayers, and listen to my cries for help. Be my help and my strength. Preserve my life and protect me from all harm. Guide me away from evil, Lord, and demonstrate your goodness and faithfulness once again. Deliver me from my troubles and give me victory over my sin.


Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash away all my guilt and make me clean again. For I know my disobedience, and my sin is always before me. You are really the one I have sinned against; I have disobeyed you and have done wrong. So it is right and fair for you to correct and discipline me. For I was born a sinner, from the moment I was conceived, but honesty is what you require; so fill my mind with your wisdom. Take away my sin, and I will be clean. Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Do not cast me away from you, but give me a pure heart, restore my joy, and help me find my contentment in you, so I can bring you glory.

In the name of your Son, Jesus, I pray, Amen

~Read: Psalm 40, 54, 51; Nehemiah 2; Revelation 6:12-7:4; Matthew 13:24-30