Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, October 6, 2011



Lord God,

Make me humble and modest. Remove any traces of pride and self-righteousness from my heart. Don’t let me be distracted by things I do not understand, but give me contentment in whatever circumstances I may face today, like a child in the safety of its mother’s arms.

Let me find hope in you forevermore. Unite my heart with my brothers and sisters in Christ, for it is good when your people live together in peace. It pleases you when we seek reconciliation with one another despite our differences, because the unity of your people is important to you. It glorifies you when we all worship you together. It honors you when we join our hearts and voices in praise.

Clearly, you deserve all my worship, and you alone are worthy of my praise. For, you displayed your power through creation, and you demonstrate your sovereignty over its care. You show yourself to be mighty, just, merciful and true in all that you do, therefore, your name will endure forever, and ever.

Throughout my life, I will proclaim the wonders of your love and the greatness of your word. I will tell of the compassion you have shown me, and the blessings you have given me. I will not rest until I have given you the praise you deserve. I will not be content until everyone I meet has heard about your grace and truth.

Cast off the idols of my heart, Lord God. Reveal them for what they really are, remove them from their altar, and replace them with a love for your law. Let nothing come before you in my life, but instead, help my eyes to see your glory and my ears to hear your instruction. Help mouth to speak your word and my hands to do your will. Fill my mind with a knowledge of you and my heart with your goodness and love.

Thank you, Lord, for all that you have given me. Thank you for placing me exactly where I am supposed to be. Thank you for equipping me for what you call me to do, and help me to use all my talents and gives to glorify you and build your Kingdom. Help me to use them to serve others for the unity of your church. Help me to use them to spread your gospel throughout my community. Let me trust you for everything, in both life and death, so that your holy name might be glorified through me.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen

~Read: Psalm 131, 132, 133, 134, 135; 2 Kings 23:4-25; 1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Matthew 9:18-26