Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, October 27, 2011


Lord God,

You are mighty and awesome. Day in and day out, you are perfect, powerful and gracious beyond measure. Your truth shines over all creation and the heavens proclaim your justice.

Speak to me, and I will listen. Reveal my sin, and I will repent. Show me how I have failed to obey your truth or demonstrate your grace, for I know I am not perfect. My thoughts are filled with self-righteousness, and my words are filled with pride. My actions are tainted by motives of self-preservation and advancement, so that nothing I do is free from sin. I don’t even worship and serve you without thinking about my own holiness. I need your forgiveness and grace because my sin runs deep in my soul.

Give me a thankful heart, Lord and a desire to live for your glory. Help me to rely on you, instead of pridefully believing I can handle everything on my own. Save me from my sins for your glory and honor. Remember your promise to me, even in my rebellion, and do not let me reject your discipline or correction.

I need you to heal my tongue, Lord, to correct my harsh words, my gossip, and boasting about my own wisdom and knowledge. Rebuke me when I fail to speak your grace or mercy, and help me to apply my words to myself before turning them on others. Do no let me find fault in those around me before acknowledging my own sins, lest I condemn myself. Change my tongue and give me a thankful heart that I might glorify you and receive your salvation.

Save me, Lord. Protect me from evil. Guard my faith and defend me from all the dangers that threaten to destroy my life and damage my soul. For I know they lie around every corner. I know there are dangers at every turn. I know that my words can be misconstrued, and my actions misunderstood. I realize that temptations exist without and within my own heart, and I know that I am often unable to see them.

So I need your protection, mighty God. I need you to shield me from the perils of life. Rise up and come to my rescue. Keep me safe and defend me from the evil that is all around me. Demonstrate your strength and reveal your love for me once again. Just as you correct my tongue for its wickedness and sin, so too correct their lying lips and cursing tongues, that they might be saved from their pride, and the wrath they bring upon themselves. Do not let my heart hold a grudge against them for their cruelty, buy help me to forgive just as I have been forgiven because of your great love for me. Help me to praise you like I should, with a grateful attitude. Instead of asking what you have done for me lately, help me to remember what you have done for me once, and for all.

Remind me of the great love you demonstrated to me through Jesus Christ. Help me remember the grace you have given me. Let my heart be glad for the blessings I’ve received, instead of the things I do not have, because every good thing I have, comes from you.

To the praise of your glorious grace, I pray all these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

~Read: Psalm 50, 59, 60, 33; Nehemiah 1; Revelation 5:11-6:11; Matthew 13:18-23