Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, November 7, 2011



Gracious God,

Please listen to my prayers this morning and be my Shepherd throughout the day. Demonstrate your greatness to all creation and save me. Give me strength and turn me back to you. Make your face shine upon me and restore my soul.

Sovereign God, I know you have every right to be angry with me. You have good reason to irritated and cross. For I am not the person I pretend to be. I am not the selfless servant, not the faithful worshiper, not the loving disciple that I claim to be. I am a selfish servant because I always seek my own comfort and contentment above that of others. I am a faithless worshiper because I put everything else before you in my life. I am an unloving servant because I always see myself in a better light.

I am not the person I pretend to be. Though I claim to love you, Lord, I do not obey you as I should. Even the good that I do is tainted by my sinful motives. At any given moment, I can be selfish, faithless, unloving or what have you, and I am deeply sorry for what I do.

Renew me, Lord God, and let your face shine down upon me. Restore me to who I am suppose to be. Refine me and make me pure, so I might be saved. Rescue me from the oppression of my own sin, and make me whole again.

Lord God, I call out to you for help, and I beg you to listen. I look to the heavens, and I reach out my hands, but I can’t seem to find comfort from for my spirit. Though I pretend to be cheerful when others are around, inside, my soul groans from the stress and strain of my troubles. Though I realize that are far less significant than those that others face, I still feel overwhelmed, lost, hurt and helpless. I am still weak and weary, from the stress they cause. Honestly, even the words I’m praying are insufficient to describe my despair.

Do not reject me forever, gracious God. Do not ignore me for good. Do not forget your unfailing love or your promise to always be my God. But remember the kindness you showed long ago. Reveal your mercy and grace. Display your compassion to me once again so that I can glorify you.

Renew me, O Lord, so I can proclaim your holiness, faithfulness and truth. Restore me once more, so I can recall your sovereignty, wisdom and might. Be close to me, God, and let me feel your presence, so I can declare all you’ve done. Redeem me to life through the work of your Son, by grace through faith in him.

For his glory, honor and praise, I pray, in his holy name, Amen

~Read: Psalm 80, 77, 79; Nehemiah 9:1-25; Revelation 18:1-8; Matthew 15:1-20