Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday November 21, 2011



Lord God,

I am thankful for your goodness. I am grateful for your faithfulness and love. No one can tell of all the wonderful things you have done, nor praise you enough to earn your love, but you bless those who do all that is right and fair. So, remember me, Lord, when you are kind to your people and help me when you save them. Let me prosper with the help of your mighty hand and eagerly celebrate the good things you give me.

Lord, I know I have sinned against you, because everyone has behaved selfishly and done wrong. When you set your people free from their captivity in
Egypt, they quickly forgot how you saved them and grumbled against you. They overlooked everything you provided them and complained that you hadn’t done enough to help them. However, because of your great love, you saved them anyway, and continued to preserve them even when they rebelled against you.

Be gracious to me in that way, Lord God, and save me in spite of my sin. Redeem me from all that threatens to harm me and draw me away from you, so that I too, can praise you for your blessing and faithfulness in my life.


Help me, Lord, to believe your promises and accept your words as true. Do not let my selfish desires take hold of in life. Don’t let me test your patience or grace. Keep my heart from jealousy and greed, Lord God; keep me from idolatry and foolish pride. Never let me forget your powerful works nor the wonderful things you have done for your people throughout history, so that I might continue to offer you my praise.


Gracious God, do not reject me in my selfishness, nor let me be destroyed by my sin. Never allow me to take your blessings for granted, nor look past the many ways you preserve me and provide for my life. Always keep me focused on your promises and help me to obey your voice because of my love for you.


Lord, help me to give up the idols in my life; help me to renounce the many things that have taken your place in my heart; for I know there are things in my life that are more important to me than you are, good things I’d struggle to give up if you asked. I know what they are, as do you, Lord. So while I pray you won’t ask me to, I also pray that you will give me the courage and strength to trust you if I should ever lose them. Help me to put all my hope and faith in you, and not in the things of this world, that I might live for nothing but your glory.


Look upon me with mercy, Lord, as I face the trials and temptations of life. Remember your covenant promise to save me through your Son, and bless me with your Spirit, that I might walk in your way and bring glory to you, through your Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, Amen.

~Read: Psalm 106:1-48; Joel 3:1-17; 1 Peter 1:1-12; Matthew 19:1-12