Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, November 10, 2011



My God and my Shepherd

With you as my provider, protector, and guide, there is nothing more I desire or need, not fame, nor beauty, nor power, nor wealth, not even the companionship and love of others, just you. You are all that I desire and need.

You give me comfort, peace, and rest. You renew my strength and restore my soul. You lead me and guide me just as you promised. You watch over me through life’s journeys, for your glory.

No doubt, I will face many troubles in my life, but still, I will not be afraid, because I know you are with, protecting me, like a shepherd protecting his sheep with his rod and staff. And though I often complain that you aren’t doing enough for me, or haven’t given me everything I desire, the truth is, you have been more gracious than I deserve. You have given me more than I really need, and I am abundantly blessed. ,

I have no doubt, that your goodness, kindness, mercy, and love will be with me all the days of my life, and I look forward to the day when I can be in your presence forever, and ever, for you are the Light, Lord God. You are my Salvation. Nothing can make me afraid when you are with me. Nothing can cause me to fear. Not those who would steal my possessions, or even those who would take my life. Even if everyone were against me Lord, and the entire world were coming to an end, I would still have confidence knowing you are my God, and I am your child.

Gracious God, if I could ask for just one thing, it would be, you. I want to see your face gaze upon your glory. I want to delight in your perfections and meditate on the majestic beauty of your realm. I want to take refuge in you from all life’s troubles and find peace in your holy presence. I want to stand strong in the midst of any trouble, with my head held high, and my heart overflowing with joy.

Hear me, Lord, when I cry out to you, because you are the only one who can save me. Be gracious to me, for my soul longs to know you more. Do not turn away from me, nor hide your face when I fail and fall, but lift me up and help me just as you promised you would. Be my salvation and teach me to love you and obey.

Do not hand me over to my enemy, my sin, but cover me with your goodness and shower me with your love. I believe you will do this, and I wait eagerly for that day, by the power of Christ’s Spirit living in me. I pray all these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

~Read: Psalm (83), 23, 27, (85), (86); (Revelation 19:1-10); (Matthew 16:1-12)