Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, November 1, 2011



Lord God,

Hear my cry and listen to my prayer. In despair and far from home, I call to you for help! Take me to a safe refuge, for you are my protector, my strong defender against my enemies. Let me dwell in your presences forever. Let me find shelter from all my worries and fears, all my suffering and sorrow.

Do something, Lord, about those who despise what is good and love what is evil. Make them turn from their sin and repent. Do not let them prevail in their wickedness or profit from their deceit, but expose them for what they really are. Reveal their arrogance and greed, and turn their hearts back to you.

For you are the Redeemer of the sinful, Father of the fatherless, husband of the widow, and defender of the weak. Give courage to those who fear, comfort to those who mourn, peace to those who worry and rest to the weary. Let your people be happy and celebrate because of your unfailing love.

Lord, remember your promise and bless me, just as you bless all those who worship you. Prolong my life and preserve my health. Though I know I do not deserve your grace, forgive my sin and rebellion. Do not abandon me in my selfishness. Do not allow me to linger in my bitterness, envy or pride; but Set me free from my slavery to sin. Lead me back into your presence. Watch over me in your faithfulness and guide me, so I can return to you in worship.

For you alone are God. My soul finds rest in you alone. You are my rock, my peace, and my strong fortress. When you are with me, I cannot be shaken. Though troubles arise and trials remain, you give me the strength to prevail and the hope to carry on.

I praise you Lord, for your kindness. I worship you for your love. I thank you for the grace you showed me when you rescued me from my sin and saved me from death, by accepting the consequences of my sin on the Cross.

May all blessing, honor, glory and power, be to you, my God, to your Son, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen

~Read: Psalm 61, 62, 68; Nehemiah 12:27-47; Revelation 11; Matthew 13:44-52