Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday, November 2, 2011



Lord God,

Help our leaders to be righteous and just. Give them a heart for the poor. Teach them to be fair, honest, merciful, and true to your word. Lead them, Lord, in everything they do,

Make your people prosperous and successful. Give us a heart for the poor. Teach us to love of your righteousness, and help us to worship you as long as the sun shines. Work through your people, to bring about your peace, that we might glorify you.

Rescue those in need who call out for help and have pity on those who are weak. Rescue all who are being crushed by violence and oppression, and redeem their lives, for they are precious to you. Lord God, you are merciful and just. May your name be praised throughout heaven and earth, and your glory be known forever.

Thank you for making me and protecting my life. You show me the way to follow you, and your guidance makes me safe as I go. It gives me great joy to honor you, because your word gives me hope. Your truth gives me courage when I am in need.

Now, Lord God, let your unfailing love be my comfort, and your faithfulness bring me lasting peace. Even as I go into this day, which will surely have many challenges, may your mercy calm my needless fear and your gracious law, quiet my anxieties. Do not let me be discouraged by the troubles I will face, but give me resolve as I continue in your ways. Give me the courage and strength to take a stand when I need to, and the wisdom to know when I don’t.

May I never forget all you have done by your grace, love, and mercy; and may my mind always be fixed on your promises. Give me rest in your Lord, and make my heart desire to worship, serve and obey. Remember me when I do these things, my God, and have compassion on me according to your great and unfailing love. Bring me salvation at last, for the glory and honor of your Son, Jesus Christ.
In his powerful name I pray, Amen.

~Read: Psalm 72,119:73-96; Nehemiah 13:4-22; Revelation 12:1-12; Matthew 13:53-58