Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Wednesday November 23, 2011



Lord God,

I pray to you with all my heart. Answer me, please, and save me from my sin, so that I can obey your commands. Before the sunrises, I pray for your help, and I put my hope in your holy word. I study the truth you’ve revealed and meditate on your promises because I know you love me and preserve my life according to your justice and mercy.

Draw me near to you, Lord, and rescue me from all that threatens to harm me, from the selfishness and pride that live in my heart, to endless evils and dangers that flourish in the world. Keep me from falling into temptation and preserve my life for your glory.

See my suffering and rescue me, because I have not forgotten your teachings. Forgive me my sin and renew my life according to the promises; for your mercy is great, O Lord, and your love lasts forever. Though my troubles are considerable your grace is greater, so I will trust in you. While others reject you and rebel against your law, I will remain faithful and true to the God, who made me and preserves my life.

I will praise you for kindles and worship you for your truth and grace. I will live with the joy that you promise those who love you, even when my circumstances are difficult and uncertain, because my hope is in you. You are my assurance of redemption because you offer salvation by grace through faith in Christ.

At the same time, Lord, though I know those things to be true, my life is still full of struggles that continue to wear me down and make it difficult be content. Some of my relationships are a mess. My finances are stretched. My health grows worse by the day, and I am tired. I’m stressed at work, strained at home, and generally miserable because I cannot seem to find your peace amid all the turmoil that I feel inside. At times, I feel like there are two of me: one who knows that truth and trusts you to care for me, and the other who is filled with anxiety, fear, worry, and doubt. While I love the first, I hate the second and the way it causes me to feel, but fight as I may, I cannot seem to overcome that part of me that is so easily filled with hopelessness and despair.

Hear my cry to you, Lord, and let your word help me understand. Listen to my prayer; rescue me as you promised so I can praise you for saving my life and preserving me. Help me by your gracious hand and give me the strength to obey your commands in love. Let my soul exist to praise you, and let your word help me to trust you.

Bless me as I seek to live for your glory, through your Holy Spirit, because of the forgiveness and salvation that are mine through Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen; and Amen!

~Read: Psalm 119:145-176, 128, 129, 130; Obadiah 1:15-21; 1 Peter 2:1-10; Matthew 19:23-30