Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday December 2, 2011



Preserve me, Lord, and sustain me through the troubles of the day. Let me find refuge in your presences and comfort in your word; for apart from you, nothing I have nothing good. Without you, my life loses purpose. From you comes peace and joy.

When I see others chasing the idols of their hearts, I pity them, because I know they’ll never find the happiness they seek. I know they can’t replace you with money, possessions, or the people in their lives. I realize that beauty, power, and fame, are no substitutes for faith. Only you can provide what they need and give them what they truly desire. My heart is content with all you have given me.

Thank you, Lord, for the counsel you’ve given, and guidance I find in your word. I’m grateful for your faithfulness and grace, that makes me secure despite me struggles and sin. I’m able to find joy in life even when things aren’t going well because I know that I am safe in your presence, and you will not leave me to rot in my sin and selfishness. Instead, you show me the way of righteousness, the purpose of life, and the pleasures of knowing you.

Lord, show me your kindness and listen to my prayers, for they are honest and true. Demonstrate you mercy and grace, though I have sinned against you and deserve your wrath. Test my heart and see that my repentance is sincere, then declare me innocent, so I can remain in your presence.

Help me to avoid hostility, bitterness, and anger toward those who offended me; and give me the strength to forgive them, just as I’ve been forgiven me. Give me the strength to obey your word and keep me from acting like those who put themselves first. Lord, please listen to my prayer, and answer me when I call.

Show me the wonder of your saving grace, and the beauty of your unfailing love. Rescue me by your great power, from all my enemies who try to turn me away from you. Protect me and hide me in the shadow of your wings, from the temptations, wickedness, and sin that rage out of control around me. Confront your enemies, Lord, and deliver me from their grip so that I can see your face in all it’s righteousness and glory.

Do not abandon me, gracious God, nor leave me to face my anxieties and fears. Do not leave me to tackle the troubles of this day all alone. For I know my troubles may not be all that great, but they feel immense to my soul and weigh heavy on my heart. Day and night I worry about my job, whether it will be there tomorrow, and how I’m going to survive if it is not. I think about my family constantly, and how they rely on me to care for them and provide for their needs. The weight of the responsibility is feels crushing and I know I cannot bear it all alone.

I need you Lord. I need your help. My strength is dried up, and I don’t have anything left to give. Do not abandon me in my time of need, nor remain silent when I call out to you in my suffering. Help me and be gracious to me, for the sake of your Son Jesus, who died to forgive me and rose again to set me free.

In his name I pray to you, Amen.

~Read: Psalm 16, 17, 22, Amos 5:1-17; Jude 1:1-16; Matthew 22:1-14